Monday, October 31, 2011

Milestones Grill and Bar

Out of all of the chain restaurants at this level (Earls, Cactus Club, Moxies, etc.) Milestones is probably my favourite.  Their burgers are exceptional and far better than the competition, and they actually serve a really decent prime rib.  In this case, Flowerbunny and I went to the Yaletown location for dinner after work on a Friday night.  She started with a belini.  Milestones makes great belinis, they're super fruity and delicious.


We both started with their Roasted Garlic Caesar Salad.  I'm a huge fan of caesar salad, and Milestones does a great version.  Their dressing is nice and creamy, there's lots of cheese, and the roasted garlic adds a nice bit of extra flavour to it.  I could've used a bit more roasted garlic though!  If you're looking for something more substantial for your appetizer, their spinach and artichoke dip and their sliders are both fantastic.

Flowerbunny ordered the Four Cheese Burger.  Unlike Mac Shack's four cheese macaroni, this is a super cheesy burger.  It has cheddar, mozzarella, goat cheese, and feta, along with roasted garlic.  This is a super tasty burger.  Their fries are OK but nothing fantastic.


I had their American Burger.  This has double smoked bacon and cheddar cheese on it.  I hadn't had this in a little while as I usually go for their California Burger which has avocado salsa and bacon, so I decided to switch it up this time.  Their beef patties are really tasty and seem to be made of good quality beef.  The bacon wasn't super crispy but that's how I like it.  Again, their fries are nothing to write home about, but they do the job.  If I hadn't gotten a caesar for appetizer I probably would've subbed my fries for that.

Overall Impressions:  If it's a choice between Earls, Cactus Club, Moxies, or Milestones, I'll go Milestones pretty much every time.  The service is always excellent, and the food is better than the other restaurants at this level. 

Milestones Grill and Bar
1109 Hamilton St.
Vancouver, BC
604.684.9111
Milestones Grill and Bar (Yaletown) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment