Thursday, October 7, 2010

PHAT Sandwich

PHAT: Pretty Hot And Tasty. I didn't know that was what it stood for. I always thought it was a play on words... PHAT = Fat = Big Sandwich.

PHAT Sandwich is located in Yaletown and is one of the few sandwich places that serve Montreal Smoked Meat Sandwiches. I ordered their Skinny Hot Montreal Smoked Meat on Marble Rye ($7.99) and my co-worker ordered the Skinny Reuben Sandwich on Marble Rye ($9.99). For an extra $2, you can upgrade your sandwich a larger size or PHAT size which will have more meat. Mmmm extra meat. 


When the sandwiches came, they were Skinny... Quite small. I wasn't expecting the sandwich to be so small since I paid about $8 for a sandwich!

Skinny Hot Montreal Smoked Meat on Marble Rye

This is one pricey sandwich. Is it worth $8? Not really. The meat was really thinly sliced and it was kinda squishy. The texture was a bit off putting. And my pickle was a bit soggy too. Didn't have this nice crunch that pickles usually have.












Skinny Reuben Sandwich on Marble Rye

My co-worker liked his sandwich and thought it wasn't too bad. Maybe his sandwich was better than mine =(

















Overall Impressions: I didn't really like my sandwich at PHAT and I don't think it was an $8 sandwich. It's a bit pricey for a sandwich. I don't think I can justify spending an extra $2 to upgrade the skinny sandwich to a PHAT one. I probably won't be returning here for lunch as I didn't really like my sandwich and I can get a cheaper and better sandwich elsewhere.

PHAT
1055 Mainland Street
Vancouver, BC
Phone: 604.684.6239
Phat on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. oh dear, for such a name, they sure have a skinny font for their logo...

    ReplyDelete