Saturday, October 9, 2010

Hidden

Hidden restaurant is located inside the Westin Grand and is a tasting bar and lounge. It's a place where people can sit down and share a bite to eat. The food they have there is comfort food with a "modern twist". The great thing about Hidden is that they use local ingredients. Local = Good =)

I went to Hidden during the summer and at that time, I haven't started my blog yet. So this entry will be some of my backlog from the summer. After looking through my camera, I realized that I had a bunch of food photos and that I have yet to put up =)


We ordered 4 dishes and a dessert. I liked all the dishes we ordered and it was enough food for the 4 of us.


Blueberry Mojito

Baked Sautéed Bay Scallop Mac n Cheese


Close-up of the Scallops

The scallops added a neat little twist to the traditional mac n cheese. The scallops were perfectly cooked and was surprisingly really good with the pasta.










Bacon, Avocado Mini Burger Trio on Poppyseed Brioche Bun

We added an extra mini-burger to the trio so we each could have one. These burgers were good too. I love the avocado with the beef and bacon.











Grilled Organic Flat Iron Steak, Sautéed Wild Mushrooms and Caramelized Onion Aioli


Buttermilk Battered Chicken with Watermelon Relish and Cheddar Waffle

To me, the fried chicken was pretty average. The best buttermilk fried chicken I had was at Refuel. 

I liked the watermelon relish as it was refreshing. The waffle just tasted like a waffle. I didn't really taste the cheddar. Could used some more cheese.

Out of all the dishes we had, I would say this one would rank last.






And lastly... dessert!


A Study of Crème Brûlée
3 different types of crème brûlée. I remember one of them was blueberry. I don't remember what the other 2 were. But the dessert was delicious!

One more dessert photo!


Overall Impressions: I really like the food at Hidden. It's a great place to get some food and drinks with friends and just hang out. I will definitely be back to try the rest of the items on the menu.

Hidden
433 Robson Street (Inside Westin Grand Hotel)
Vancouver, BC
Phone: 604.647.2521
Hidden on Urbanspoon




No comments:

Post a Comment