Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Gyoza King

Gyoza King is a Japanese izakaya which is a restaurant that serves drinks and tapa style dishes that are meant to be shared. Gyoza King is well known for their hand made gyoza. I really like the gyoza there and I think they are well made.

The restaurant is relatively small and cozy. They get pretty busy there during Fridays and weekends. So if you go during dinner hours, expect a wait. When we went, we went relatively early and didn't have to wait in line. For 2 people going, ordering 6 dishes is usually enough food.

Ebinara Gyoza (Prawn Gyoza)
My favourite gyoza there is the ebinara gyoza (prawn gyoza). Each gyoza has a big piece of prawn in it with the pork. The prawn adds a crunch to the gyoza.


Fresh Tofu Salad
The salad was really refreshing and crisp. I really like how the salad was dressed lightly and wasn't swimming in dressing.



Miso Saba

Saba in a miso broth. This dish was a bit salty and the fish was a bit over cooked. This was just okay. I had to eat this entire dish myself because my boyfriend doesn't like saba. He says it tastes fishy which I don't really find.







Short Ribs

The short ribs were pretty average. But still good =)


Chicken Karaage

The chicken karaage is really good! It's crispy on the outside and still moist in the inside. The chicken is served with mayo and lemon on the side.

Being a bit silly, I decided to draw a face in the mayo <3


Chicken Yakitori (Chicken Skewers)

Overall Impressions: I really like Gyoza King and the gyoza there. There is a lot of selection on tapas and drinks. So plenty to share. =) We always default to Gyoza King when we want izakaya food because the price is right and the food is good.

Gyoza King
1508 Robson St
Vancouver, BC
Phone: 604.669.8278
Gyoza King on Urbanspoon
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment