Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Mr. Kumpir

Mr. Kumpir is a chain restaurant that started in Turkey.  From what I remember reading awhile ago, 'Kumpir' means potato in Turkish, and this is the first North American location.  Mr. Kumpir specializes in stuffed baked potatoes, although they also serve hot dogs, fries, and poutine.  You may think that a baked potato is not enough for a meal, but these potatoes are incredibly filling!  First they scoop out the insides and mix them with cheese and butter.  Then they add the toppings.  Being that it's a Turkish chain, I went for the Turkish baked potato which has beef sausage (really sliced beef hot dog), kisir, russian salad (which seems to contain sliced pickles, peas, and more sliced hot dog), turkish salad (which looks like potato salad) and black olives.

This thing is huge!



I snapped these pics quickly with my iPhone 4, and then began to eat.  The combination of all those ingredients might seem strange, but the end result is actually pretty tasty with the kisir giving it some heat.  I would liken eating this to eating a brick, as I was getting pretty full by the time I was half way through.  In the end, I couldn't finish it, which was rare for me.

Overall Impressions:  If you're really hungry, I'd definitely suggest Mr. Kumpir.  For $6.25, you can get a tasty stuffed baked potato that will leave you feeling extremely full.

Mr. Kumpir
1162 Denman Street
Vancouver, BC
Phone: 604.568.8655
Mr. Kumpir on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment