My friend was visiting Vancouver and the first thing he told me that he wanted to eat was tacos. He said that he couldn't find any good taco places in China and misses the tacos he used to get out of taco trucks in the States. After much thinking, I decided to bring him to La Taqueria. The tacos at La Taqueria are tasty and probably the most authentic Mexican tacos that you can find here in Vancouver.
The meat tacos are $2.50 each or you can buy 4 for $9.50 and the veggie tacos are $2.00 each or you can buy 4 for $7.00. 4 tacos are just the right amount of food for me, but for my friend, he ended up eating 6 tacos! There's also a variety of in-house made hot sauces that you can add to the tacos. The habenaro one is super spicy! I put few drops on one of my tacos and I can feel a bit of a burn!
(Top left, clockwise: Braised Beef Tongue, AAA Beef, Pork, Chorizo)
Pork confit with pickled onions
The pork was super tender and flavourful. I love pickled onions and this added a nice crunch.
The tortillas are excellent too!
Grilled 'AAA' Flank Beef
The beef is really good too. The beef wasn't tough and I think everything is executed well.
Braised beef tongue
The beef tongue was really tender and I liked the guacamole sauce on top.
The chorizo taco was one of their specials for that day. The chorizo had a nice spice to it and was super tasty too!!
- Well made tacos. The meat is super tender and flavourful and the tortilla shells are well made.
- Most authentic tacos you can find here in Vancouver.
- A variety of hot sauces. Watch out for the habenaro one! It's super spicy.
- A tad on the expensive side.
- The Hasting location is really small and has limited seating.
- The Broadway and Cambie location is slightly larger, but gets really busy!
2549 Cambie Street