What I like about this restaurant is that they use no MSG in their fish broth, there is a lot of options to choose from and the bowls of noodles are huge! I can never finish a bowl there! All of the noodles here automatically comes with fresh bean curd, mushrooms, and cilantro toppings. If you don't want any of these, you can mark it off on the order sheet.
Watercress & Almonds Fish Soup, Flat Rice Nodles with Beef Brisket and Fish Tofu
The soup was really flavourful and all the ingredients were fresh. Noodles were cooked just right and was not mushy. The beef brisket is a bit fatty here, but has a good taste.
When ordering a bowl of noodles here, there are A LOT of options and combinations:
- 6 different types of Fish Soup
- 5 different types of other soup bases, including chicken broth and spicy soups
- 9 different types!
- 30 different types!
The Laksa was really coconutty and wasn't at all spicy. The broth is just so-so. I still really like the Fish Brother better.
The cuttle fish balls and fish filets were really good! The cuttle fish had a good snap and flavour and the fish filets were tasty and not fishy at all.
The pork chop here came out hot and crispy. It's quite a good fried pork chop! The meat wasn't dry and it had a good crunch to it.
These wings were pretty good. They had a good crispiness to them and the meat wasn't dry. There was a hint of ginger taste to them.
HK Milk Tea
The drinks here are pretty standard in any Hong Kong Cafe
- Great value! A lot of food for $7.95 and it also comes with a drink!
- The Fish Soup is a must try here.
- A lot of selection for noodles and also on the non-noodle menus.
- This place gets really busy, so prepare to wait about 15 minutes for a table or if you don't mind sharing a table with strangers, the wait will be shorter.
- This restaurant has 2 locations in Richmond: 1 in Continental Plaza and 1 on Alexandra Road.
Deer Garden Signatures - 鹿園魚湯米線#1118-3779 Sexsmith Road