Thursday, February 17, 2011

Cattle Cafe (Burnaby)

I was meeting up a friend in Burnaby for lunch and we decided to go to the Cattle Cafe which was located in the space where Death By Chocolate used to be. Cattle Cafe and Cattle Hot Pot (Richmond) are sister restaurants and owned by the same person. Cattle Cafe is a Hong Kong Style cafe and is known for their noodle selection. There is a large menu with a variety of items where you can customize what type of soup noodles you want to eat. And the portions of the noodles here are huge!

But unfortunately, I wasn't too hungry and my friend isn't much of a noodle person. So we didn't order any soup noodles. I would like to go back and try that one day.

For lunch, I just had a luncheon meat & egg sandwich and chicken wings. I have this strange liking to Spam and egg sandwiches... My boyfriend never understood that. Maybe it's because I grew up eating it and it's comforting and reminds me of my childhood. My friend had the chicken & rice and also the chicken wings.

My sandwich also came with a drink, so I had a hot milk tea.

Hot Milk Tea


Luncheon Meat & Egg Sandwich


Chicken & Rice Bowl


Chicken Wings

Overall Impressions: I really enjoyed the food and the milk tea was good too! The food here is better than most bubble tea places and pretty good for a Hong Kong Cafe. I really liked the chicken wings. They had a slight ginger taste to them and they were crispy and not dry. My friend liked her food as well. I will have to come back and try the noodles one of these days.

Cattle Cafe (Burnaby)
4885 Kingsway
Burnaby, BC

604.430.8686


Cattle Cafe (Burnaby) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment